Saturday, October 30, 2010

One Small Step . . .

I'm excited. Yesterday, for the first time, I WALKED across my living room with my new leg braces and the walker. The living room isn't very large, so it wasn't a long distance. But when you consider that I haven't been able to walk at all in more than a year, it was a milestone for me.

I placed a chair at each end of the room and then I just went for it. It wasn't exactly easy, but I did it. I had to rest each time before I made my way back across the room. I did this a couple of times during the day yesterday. It felt good.

The braces make quite a difference in keeping my ankles from turning in and steadying me when I walk. Now, I know that I can do it and will keep working to get stronger.

We will be working on endurance now in my physical therapy sessions twice a week until I can walk farther and farther. The therapists seem to be pleased with my progress. I've only been going for about two months, so they tell me that I've made a lot of progress in a short time.

To me, this is a miracle. I couldn't have made it this far without God's help! There has been a lot of people praying for me, and I can tell you that prayer works! I'm thankful to everyone who has been praying.

To those who don't believe in miracles, I would say you better think again. I've had many miracles in my life, and I'm living proof that God is still in the miracle business.

I thank God for what He has done for me, and I give Him the praise for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment