Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Keeping The Faith

You've heard the saying: "Where there's a will, there's a way." I've even said it myself. But I think a more accurate saying is: "Where there's FAITH, there's a way." That's what the Bible says in Mark 9:23. It says, "Everything is possible for him who believes."

Faith is the key to all of God's promises. We couldn't even be saved without faith. "For it is by grace you have been saved through faith" (Ephesians 2:8).

All through the Bible, it describes faith as the way to receive whatever we need from God. It takes our action of believing to receive God's promises. We must believe in our heart and not doubt.

When I started physical therapy last month, it seemed like such a long shot that I would be able to walk again. The therapist honestly said she didn't know if I'd be able to do it. But we went ahead and started treatments. I believed that I would do it. Now, we are starting to see signs of progress. It's small signs, but it's progress and the same therapist says I probably will walk if I get braces to support my ankles.

That's the next step. I have an appointment this week to see what kind of braces I will need. The braces will help keep my ankles from turning in when I walk. They should also give me added support. We were concerned that my balance might cause me to fall more easily. Hopefully, though, the braces will make me steadier on my week.

Last week, I surprised the therapist when I was able to pull myself up off of the floor and get back in my chair. It was an exercise to see if I could get up by myself if I did fall. I did it! It surprised me, too, because I couldn't do it three months ago. It showed that I am getting stronger.

I just have to keep believing that I will walk. Anything is possible if I keep believing.

As it says in Matthew 17:20, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment