Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tidbits

Here are a few things that have crossed my mind recently:

With temperatures stuck near 90 degrees this late in September, it makes me wonder if maybe there really is something to this global warming stuff. NOT! I don't care what Al Gore and his learjet liberal cronies say, the earth is not going to melt any time soon. The earth will be around at least another 1,000 years until the end of the millennial reign of Christ when the new heaven and new earth will come down. Still, with Fall arriving this week, I hope it will bring cooler weather.

There's a nationwide move under way for 40 days of prayer. The web site http://www.4040prayer.com/ has the details. Basically, it's calling for people of all denominations to pray for revival and renewal for 40 consecutive days from Sept. 20 to Oct. 29. By clicking on "The Latest News" tab on the web site, it will give you Bible verses and prayer emphasis for each day. Today's prayer focus is Longing for His Word. This is a worthwhile project, and I hope it sparks a new great awakening in America.

Speaking of religion, President Obama and the first family attended church on Sunday for only the fourth time since he took office. He went to a mainstream Episcopal church in Washington. With a recent poll showing that 18 percent of Americans believe Obama is a Muslim, the president apparently was trying to show that he really is a Christian. But, come on, who's he fooling?

Dancing With The Stars kicked off its new season last night. It's my mom's favorite show. I tune in occasionally to check out the "scenery." But do we really need to see 76-year-old Florence Henderson in skimpy outfits? That's better than Cloris Leachman, I guess. And what's up with Bristol Palin? Haven't you embarrassed your mother enough?

I don't watch much network TV since I'm so obsessed with Fox News, but I have become hooked on two shows. "Undercover Boss" follows executives who go undercover within their own companies to find out what happens on the front lines. It's pretty interesting as the bosses are often surprised at what goes on. My other new favorite is ABC's "What Would You Do?" The show has been around a while, but I just found it last season. Using hidden cameras, the show presents various ethical situations to see how people react. It tells a lot about the values of average Americans. Very interesting. Check it out and see how you would react in the same situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment