Friday, September 3, 2010

Call Me Crazy

How can someone so smart be so dumb? In his new book, prominent physicist Stephen Hawking says modern physics leaves no role for God in the creation of the universe. He attributes the creation of the world to "randomness."

Hawking wrote, "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing."

So this whole universe just came out of nothing? How ridiculous is that! I have never understood how anyone could believe in the "big bang" theory or in evolution. It just doesn't make sense.

Think about it. Think about how complex the universe is, with all the stars and planets. There's no way that could "just happen." When I see a spectacular sunrise or sunset, I have no doubt that there's a Creator. When I see a rainbow, I know there is a God. When I think about the complexity of the human body, I'm amazed at how wonderfully God made us.

I feel sorry for people like Hawking. They just don't get it. But one day, they will meet the Creator.

Thankfully, Hawking's new book, "The Grand Design," is already being debunked by Christian groups. Evangelist Ray Comfort, who wrote "You Can Lead an Atheist to Evidence, but You Can't Make Him Think," said, "it is embarrassingly unscientific to speak of anything creating itself from nothing."

Comfort put it best when he wrote, "Common sense says that if something possessed the ability to create itself from nothing, then that something wasn't nothing, it was something -- a very intelligent creative power of some sort."

If atheists just had a little common sense, they would see how crazy their ridiculous theories are. Instead, they call Christians crazy for believing in God. Well, call me crazy, then. I know there is a God, and He is the Creator of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment