Sunday, September 5, 2010

Heavenly Thoughts

I find myself thinking more and more about heaven. Like the popular MercyMe song "I Can Only Imagine," I really can't comprehend in my limited human thinking how wonderful heaven is going to be.

I've always been one who tries to live life to the full, as it says in John 10:10. Sure, life has its share of trials and hardships, but I love life. I want to experience all I can while I'm here. But this is nothing compared to what awaits us on the other side.

As things in the world grow darker and darker, I can't help but think that we must be getting so close to the return of Jesus and the rapture of the saints.

I don't know a lot about biblical prophesy. But I know that the rapture is the next great event on God's calendar. Nothing has to happen before the rapture takes place. The Bible says "as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be at the return of the Lord." If you look around at the world today, I think we're there. People are going about their business, many without a thought to the return of the Lord.

Some prophesy scholars believe the return of Christ will coincide with the Jewish holiday Rosh Hashanah. This year, Rosh Hashanah is Sept. 9. That's this Thursday, by the way.

Knowing this, and in light of world events, we would all be wise to examine our lives to make sure we are ready and watching for Jesus' return. No one will want to be left here after He comes to gather His followers.

Whether His return is today, next week or next year, Jesus IS coming. Will you be ready? It's not too late to turn to God, but time is running out. Heaven is a real place, and it's going to be wonderful. Don't miss it. Make sure you're ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment