Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Seasons of Life

Ahhh. September. It's the start of one of my favorite times of the year. Fall will be here soon, bringing cooler weather and the changing colors on the trees.

After a long, hot summer, I always look forward to fall. I love the crisp air in the mornings. It's already starting to get cooler. Lately, I have been getting up a little earlier and taking a ride around the apartment complex on my scooter. It's really been refreshing. It's a time when I can think and pray before I get my day started.

When fall arrives, it seems like time speeds up. Soon, the holidays are upon us, and before you know it, it's the end of another year. You look back and wonder where the year went.

Life is like that, too. We get so busy living our lives that we forget to stop and enjoy life. If we're not careful, life will pass us by and we'll come to the end of this life and wonder where all the time went.

Like the distinct seasons of the year, we all go through different seasons of life. God gives us an allotted time on Earth. Some have a little more time, some a little less. It's our job to make the most of every season of our lives.

We shouldn't let the little things and the cares of the world distract us. Life is too short. Forget about those little things. In the end, they will all burn up. We were put here for a purpose: To serve the Lord and to point others to Christ.

Since I stopped working last year, I've had more time to concentrate on the things that really matter. I want my life to make a difference. I know God has a purpose for me in this season of my life. So soon this life can be over and I will be faced with the question: Did I make the most of my time and fulfill my purpose here on Earth?

When I get to heaven, I want to hear the words "Well done, my good and faithful servant." How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment