Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mother

People tell me that my mom is a saint. I agree. I have the best mom in the world.

In a lot of ways, my mom has been my best friend. We have spent a lot of time together, especially in the last couple of years when I have needed more help getting around. She has always been there for me. When I was in Amarillo, she would come stay with me days or weeks until I got back on my feet.

There are days when I know she must be tired or she doesn't feel well herself, but she still comes over to check on me. She sacrifices so much for me.

She has always been that way, putting others ahead of herself. She gives and gives . . . to her family, friends, neighbors and her church. One way she blesses us is with her cooking, I can recall countless times when she has taken food to a sick neighbor or a friend in need. And, of course, I get in on that. She is always making a special meal just for me.

Over the years, Mom has done so many things for me just because she knows it will make me happy.

And I have talked her into doing some pretty wild things that I'm sure she would have never done otherwise. Like flying across the country to go on a cruise. I'm sure that wasn't on her list of things to do, but she did it for me. We will probably never do it again, but we will always have that wonderful memory.

We may not agree on everything. In fact, we disagree on quite a few things. But she loves me anyway, and I love her so very much.

I know I do not tell her nearly enough how much I appreciate her. But on this Mother's Day, I hope she knows just how special she is. Mothers are truly a gift from God, and my mom really is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment