Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day of Prayer

Today is the National Day of Prayer. Despite the attempt of a federal judge to declare the day unconstitutional and the president's efforts to abandon our Christians values, believers across the nation are gathering to pray.

Our country is in desperate need of our prayers.

I rode over to the civic auditorium at noon for the local prayer gathering. It was good to see people coming together to pray. . . praying for our city, our leaders and our nation. And God is faithful. He hears us when we pray and will answer.

Chronicles says, "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

If there was ever a time when we needed God to heal our land, it's now. But we must do our part. We must turn from the wicked ways that have invaded our country, we must seek God . . . and we must pray.

I know a lot prayer warriors in my family and at church, and I'm thankful for their daily prayers. It's also good to come together with other believers to pray. We need more corporate prayer in our country. It seems that whenever a church has a concert or special event, it's a full house. But when there's a prayer meeting, only a handful turns out. It's sad, but true.

As believers, we need to stand up and be bold. We can combat the evil in our country, but it's going to take prayer and commitment. I want to pray more. Let's all be committed to begin praying more.

We CAN make a difference through our prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment