Tuesday, May 18, 2010

God's Grace

One of my favorite verses in the Bible is 2 Corinthians 12:9. It says, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

I'm glad I know that even in all of my weaknesses I have Christ's power to help me continue on.

Life is hard. We all face difficulties. Sometimes, life throws you a curve, and you don't know what to do. It is in these times when we can turn to God and find our strength in Him.

Look at the apostle Paul. He endured many hardships after his conversion. He was beaten, stoned, shipwrecked and put in prison. He was at times without food or a place to sleep. Yet, in all these circumstances, Jesus assured him, "my grace is sufficient for you."

The Lord took care of Paul. He will take care of us, too. Our God is bigger than any situation we will ever come up against.

I don't know why we have to go through some of the things we do in life. I wouldn't have chosen the path my life has taken in the past year. But Romans says, "All things work for good for those who love the Lord."

Maybe one day we will understand it all. But for now we go on trusting in God to see us through. My troubles are light compared to Paul's. They are nothing compared to the suffering Jesus went through on the cross. Even when I do come up against hard times, God will help me. His grace is sufficient for me!

This life is just a vapor and soon will be over. It's just a pit stop on the way to our eternal destiny... when God will make all things right.

No comments:

Post a Comment