Monday, April 5, 2010

Weekend Update

The Easter weekend was great, but Monday came with a vengeance.

We had a good crowd for the Easter service and then lunch at church afterward. Yes, we really did the wave during the sermon. It was a blast.

After lunch, I went to Mom's for the afternoon. It's a bit of a challenge for me to get in her house. We have to put the ramp up and then I do my General Lee (as in the Dukes of Hazard) impression to get in. I must give it full throttle to get the scooter up the ramp. I almost become airborne. Scares Mom to death. Scares me a little bit sometimes too.

That's why I don't get over there much. In fact, this was the first time I'd been over to the house since I moved here in February.

It was a good afternoon, then I spent a lazy evening in front of the TV. Two of my favorite shows -- Extreme Home Makeover and Undercover Boss -- were both on so I had some quality recliner time.

All in all, it was a great day. Then came Monday.

I woke up with a terrible pain in my leg. I couldn't put any weight on it without excruciating pain. I even had to call for help to transfer to my scooter. It was bad.

I'm hoping it's just a temporary cramp or something because right now I can't transfer to my chair without help. I took some pain medication a little while ago. It's starting to make me drowsy now. So if you see lots of typos in this post, that's why.

Between the pain meds and lots of prayers, I hope this doesn't last long. So if you think about it, say a prayer for me. I'd sure appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment