Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Getting A Leg Up

Thanks to everyone who said a prayer for me. My leg is feeling much better. Prayer works. Thank you, Lord, for touching me with your healing power.

Mom and I went to Amarillo yesterday. I had a doctor's appointment, and Mom wanted to shop for a dress for my niece Michelle's wedding.

It was my first time back to the big city since I moved in February. It was also our first road trip in our van. Mom bought -- and I helped -- a 2003 minivan with a ramp system. It's a pretty neat setup. The sliding door and ramp are remote-control activated. Then, we had the passenger seat in the front removed so I can just ride my scooter into the van and park next to the driver's seat.

We had a few glitches with the automatic door at first, but the system is working great now. We made four or five stops in Amarillo, and it was much easier than having to load the scooter with a lift and transfer to the car seat each time.

It's strange, though, seeing Mom driving a minivan! Of course, she still has her Honda, and I have my pickup. But the van will make it easier for both of us, especially when I'm having trouble with my legs. I think the van was a good investment.

Mom does a pretty good job driving it. I only had to tell her to slow down once yesterday -- when she got it up to 80 on the way home! Thank goodness she learned how to operate the cruise control.

My doctor's visit was pretty routine. He gave me another round of botox injections (I'm starting to feel like Nazi Pelosi). The botox is supposed to help control the spasms in my leg muscles, and I think it does help with the tightness and makes getting up and down a lot easier.

We went to Golden Corral afterward, and of course I stuffed myself. Love the jalapeno cornbread there! It was great.

It did make me a little homesick being back in Amarillo. I do miss Big A, but Pampa is becoming more and more like home all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment