Sunday, April 18, 2010

That Fateful Day

I could have died five years ago today. Some of you know this story, but I think it's worth repeating.

On April 18, 2005, I was driving home from work as usual, and I was in a car accident. My truck overturned, but I came away from that wreck with only some cuts and bruises.

I told everyone I was very "lucky." Then, someone corrected me. I wasn't "lucky." I was blessed!

I am blessed to be alive. God definitely had his hand on me that day. He spared me from greater injury or even death.

Many times, we go through our day unaware of the dangers that may be around us and that God is there to protect us.

Psalm 91:11 says, "For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."

We should thank God every day for the life he has given us. Whether we have much or little, we should be thankful.

Whatever circumstance we are facing today, we can be thankful because God is in control.

One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Even when we find ourselves in difficult situations, we can know this: God gave us an even greater gift than wealth or possessions. He gave us his son Jesus, who died on the cross so that we may have life.

Things could have turned out much differently on that day in April. But God knew my need in that moment, and he was there to protect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment