Saturday, September 26, 2015

Remembering Jesse

JESSE SMITH
A friend of mine died this week.  Jesse Smith was my friend and neighbor here at Pampa Nursing Center.  I only knew her about a year, but she impressed me with the way she made everyone feel at home around her.

When new residents arrived here, Jesse made a point of finding out their name and something about them.  Then when she saw them in the halls, she'd always call them by name and ask about their day.  She knew all about the staff and their families.  She was funny and had just a great sense of humor.

Jesse was a former educator and coach.  I can only imagine how many young lives she helped shape in her career.  And even though she was a staunch Democrat, I enjoyed talking to her.

Rest in peace, Jesse!  We're going to miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment