Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Flashback 2

This week's flashhback is from October 2011 during the exciting presidential primary season....

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2011


Ins and Outs

He's in; he's out; he's in. Now, Chris Christie is definitely out of the race for president. Ask me if I care. I don't.

Chris Christie may be a good governor for New Jersey, but he's not a true conservative. I don't see why so many people were pushing him to get into the race. I want a true conservative as our next president, and Christie doesn't fill the bill. His views on gun control, civil unions for gays, immigration and global warming are all wrong. I'm glad he's finally ended the charade and made it clear that he won't run.

Sarah Palin has finally decided that she won't run either. It's about time. I was getting tired of watching her race around the country in her bus acting like she was already a candidate. I think she knew all along that she wasn't going to run. She just likes all the attention.

Palin is a true conservative, and I like her and what she stands for. But she's too polarizing to get elected. She's the Hilary Clinton of the Republican party. You either love her or hate her.

My man, Rick Perry, took a hit in the last debate, but he's still in the race. He made some mistakes in the debate, but so what? He'll be all right; he's a Texan. Unlike the Dallas Cowboys, Perry can still make a comeback. (Come on, Cowboy fans, you know it's true.) It will be fun to watch Perry claw his way back to the top of the polls.

You can't count Herman Cain out either. He's been on a roll lately. I like Cain but wonder if he has enough experience in foreign affairs. Then again, he has to be better than Obama. Anyone is better than Obama!

After the next debate, I think we'll see several of the candidates drop out, such as Jon Huntsman and Gary Johnson. They don't have much of a shot of winning the nomination. Michele Bachmann is fading fast, too. Newt and Santorum need to hustle if they want to stay competitive.

I think it will come down to a three-way race between Romney, Perry and Cain. Whoever comes out on top will take on Obama to make him a one-term president, and that's really all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment