Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Goodbye, Summer!

Monday was Labor Day and the unofficial end to summer.  Today, kids are back in school and people are back at work.  I rode by the water park, and they were stacking lounge chairs and taking down the tables to store for the winter months.  It won't  be long before the weather turns colder.
 
Reflecting on the summer, it was a pretty good one compared to past summers.  We had cooler temperatures and more rain in the Texas Panhandle than any other summer in the last 40 years.  It was nearly perfect weather for my morning scooter rides around town.  I took advantage of the cooler weather to get out any chance I got.
 
One of the highlights of my summer would have to be the trek over to Palo Duro Canyon with a few friends from church to see the musical-drama TEXAS.  I had seen it before, but it had been a long time.  I love the Palo Duro Canyon.  It's really an awesome place.  It was good just to get away for a while and spend a fun evening with friends.

The Fourth of July was also a fun time with my church family.  We went to Recreation Park for a picnic and field games.  Then we had a front-row seat to watch the city's fireworks show.  
 
Other memorable moments from the summer were spent with family celebrating my mom's 80th birthday and my sister's 50th birthday.  We gathered both times at The Plaza restaurant.  They were supposed to be a surprise, but neither party actually was.   I'm thankful I have my mom and sister and that we were able to celebrate these milestones and many more to come.

That was my summer.  It seemed to go by quickly, even though I didn't do much.  It was the little things in life that make each day special and a gift from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment