Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Survey Says...

I've always wondered how pollsters pick the people for their presidential polls and surveys. I've always thought it would be fun to take part in a poll. So I was excited when I got a survey in the mail last week from the Republican National Committee in Washington.

I have plenty of opinions on the issues, so I thought this could be fun. Here are a few of the questions and some of my responses (or how I would have responded):

The first section is on General Issues, and one question asks, "How do you rate the Obama administration thus far in dealing with America's major issues?" Since there wasn't a box to check for "Totally Incompetent," I had to settle for "Strongly Disapprove."

The next few questions were on rating the actions of the Democrat-controlled Senate and the GOP-controlled House. Again, the lowest rating was "Strongly Disapprove," so I scored both the House and the Senate with poor ratings. I wish there had been a place to write in comments. I would have said we need to throw out everyone in Congress and start all over.

The next section dealt with Domestic Issues, such as "Do you support repealing ObamaCare?" Of course I want it repealed!! "Do you trust the Obama administration to better secure America's borders?" Are you kidding me? "Do you support efforts to grant amnesty and American citizenship to illegal immigrants living within our borders?" I answered a big "NO" on that one, too.

Then, the survey asks our opinion on Social Issues. I gave "Strong Support" for school prayer, faith-based initiatives and for a ban on flag burning. I also "Strongly Disapproved" same-sex marriage and abortion.

Finally, the survey asks for a donation to the Republican National Committee. That's the only question I left blank! Once you get on their donor list, you can never get off of it. My grandmother sent the RNC a donation ONE TIME, and she was on their mailing list forever. They continued to send her mail for at least a year after she passed away.

Maybe I'll get a survey from the Democrat Party, too. I could really have some fun with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment