Monday, November 21, 2011

Lots to be Thankful for

It's hard to believe it's Thanksgiving week! The year has gone by so fast. Everyone says that, but it's true. And I have so much to be thankful for!

Today, I'm thankful that our family is growing. My niece, Michelle, and her husband had their "little man" over the weekend. Kayden Bryce Millikan was born Saturday. He arrived a few weeks early, but I don't think Michelle and Nick minded that at all. They have been so excited. Kayden weighed 5 pounds, 8 ounces.

I'm glad that "Grandma" (my sister Karen) and "Gramps" got to be there for the delivery in Corpus Christi. We're taking Ty to the airport tomorrow so he can be there, too. I know it will be a special Thanksgiving for them.

I'm thankful for e-mail and Facebook so the rest of us can see pictures of Kayden...

We have another newborn in the family. My cousin and his wife had a baby boy last month. He came early, too. But the baby and parents are doing well. They named him Miles after our Granddad Ely.

It will be a little different around the Thanksgiving table this year. While the whole family won't get to be all together on Thanksgiving, we'll be thankful for these two additions to the family. Maybe they will even be here at Christmas, and we can meet the new little ones in person.

Until then... more food for me! Pass the dressing! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment