Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sweet Success

I'm done. I've finished my physical therapy with success. I have taken physical therapy off and on most of my life, but I think I got more out of it this time. I achieved my goal. I wanted to be able to walk at least in the house, and I can do that now.

I can't walk long distances, but this will help a lot if I can just walk a little each day to keep my legs and muscles strong.

The therapists at the hospital were really good. They let me help set the goals and then they pushed me to reach the goals. It was hard work, and I think we were all happily surprised with the results. When I started four months ago, we weren't even sure if I would be able to walk because of how my ankle turned in. The leg braces have helped correct that.

I consider this a real miracle! After all, I hadn't walked in more than a year. I've had a lot of people praying for me, and I know that made a difference. Prayer works!

I don't know where I'll go from here, but I believe anything is possible. The more I walk, the stronger I'll become and the farther I'll be able to go.

Life is that way, too. The longer we walk with God, the stronger we become and the farther we'll go in life. When trials come, we'll be able to face them because we're walking in the strength of the Lord. God is an ever-present help, and He won't let us face anything we can't handle.

And God gives us the desires of our heart. If we remain true to Him, there's no limits to where we can go and what we can achieve. I've come a long way -- physically and spiritually -- in this year of 2010. Now, I'm looking forward to the new year and wondering where I'll be a year from now. I believe it's going to be great and can't wait to see what God does in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment