Thursday, December 9, 2010

100

Television shows usually celebrate their 100th episode. It's a milestone when they last that long because many shows don't last. I am marking a milestone today. This is my 100th post on this blog. I actually have written a few more than that, but I deleted a couple of them.

I started this blog nearly a year ago as a way to share my thoughts and opinions. If you've been reading the blog, you know I have LOTS of opinions -- especially about politics!

People say you shouldn't talk about politics or religion, but that's mostly what this blog is about. I love to follow politics, and I'm not shy about saying which side I'm on. I've grown up in a conservative part of the country, so I like to champion conservative causes. One reader told me the blog lets him see a side of me that he's never seen before.

I also write a lot about religion. I like to share my faith with others. I believe we are all called to spread the gospel as part of the Great Commission. This blog is my attempt to share the gospel with someone who may not know Jesus as lord and savior. I don't know who all may read these words, but it's my hope that the blog will encourage and even point others to Christ.

Sometimes, I write about personal experiences I have along life's journey. Lately, I've been writing about my progress in getting back on my feet and being able to walk again. I'm in my last month of this round of physical therapy, and I'm walking farther and farther each week with a walker.

I've had lots of comments about the blog, most of them good. I appreciate everyone who reads it and all the kind words. And I hope you'll keep reading as we go through life's journey together. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment