Monday, December 13, 2010

Sights and Sounds

I love the sights and sounds of the Christmas season. Christmas music is everywhere. It's on the radio. It's heard at church. It's played in the stores. And it seems to put everyone in a festive mood (unless you're stuck in a long line at the checkout).

I like the traditional Christmas carols that I've heard all my life -- songs like "Away in a Manger" and "Silent Night." These songs remind me of the true meaning of Christmas, and it's good to hear them every year at Christmas. I also like all the fun songs associated with Christmas, like "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer." And, of course, it's never Christmas until I hear "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" on the radio!

The church that I attended in Amarillo had a Christmas worship service on Sunday, and I went over for the special service. It was a neat experience. The praise team led worship while pictures flashed on screens in the background. It was a powerful time of worship. I enjoyed seeing friends there that I haven't seen in a while.

I also like the lights at Christmastime. I haven't been out yet this year, but I want to drive around and look at Christmas lights. Some people really go all out with the lights. In Amarillo, I loved to drive through the historic Wolflin area of town, where all the big, older homes are. It's really something to see.

I'll have to go exploring and see some of the lights here in Pampa this year. Pampa used to have a big light display at Recreation Park, but it's not there anymore.

It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday, but the music and bright lights can make this time of year more special. So take some time this year to enjoy the sights and sounds of Christmas. That's what I plan to do! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment