Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Blessings

Another Christmas has come and gone. I had a great time with my family. When I was working, I usually had only one day off, so it was good to get to spend more time with my family this year.

We went to my sister's on Christmas Eve. She lives on a farm north of town, and they have a lot of animals at their place. They even have a miniature donkey, named Jefferson Davis, that follows my sister around! My sister tried to give me one of her cats to bring home, but I didn't take it. Maybe some day I'll take one but not right now.

I got a wild ride getting into their house in the country. It has several steps leading up to the porch, and they decided to "bump" me up the steps in a wheelchair. I guess I am a little heavier -- or a lot heavier, actually -- than they thought. It was a fun ride for me but took quite an effort on their part.

We had a big meal and opened our presents. The only thing missing was my niece, who spent Christmas on the beach in Florida! She was married in July, and this was their first Christmas away. We missed you, Michelle and Nick!

The feeding frenzy continued on Christmas Day at my aunt and uncle's house. We always gather over there for a really big meal. I look forward to the food all week, especially my aunt's dressing. It's the best! And I get to see cousins that I don't see very often, although one cousin wasn't there this year.

I had an easier time getting into their house. My uncle has built a specially-made ramp, so I can ride my scooter right into the house. It worked great, and I appreciated the effort he made to build it.

It was a good Christmas. Really good. The presents are nice and the food is always great. But, to me, the best blessing of Christmas is being with family. It's great when we can all get together to celebrate this special time of year and the birth of the savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment