Friday, July 30, 2010

Countdown To Victory

We're now less than 100 days until the mid-term elections, and the losers. . . I mean liberals. . . are scrambling. They are desperate. Yesterday, Barack Obama went on 'The View.' I guess he's too scared to go on a serious news show without his teleprompter. He might have to answer a tough question!

Republicans need 39 seats to take control of the House and 10 seats in the Senate. I think we have a good chance of winning both. I hope so. Then, we can begin putting our country back on the right track.

After the November elections, the focus will quickly turn to 2012. Obviously, the big question will be which Republican candidate is going to challenge Hillary Clinton for the presidency. That's right, Hillary. I believe Hillary will throw Obama under the bus and make a bid for the Democratic nomination. And if she does, she'll win the nomination.

So who will her challenger be? Before I go out on a limb and tell you who the GOP nominee will be, let me tell you who it won't be.

It won't be Sarah Palin, even though her name has been bandied about more than anyone else's. I'm a huge Sarah Palin fan. I would love to see her in the Senate or House. She could make a big impact in Congress, but she's just too polarizing to be president.

It won't be Mitt Romney. Romney is a great fiscal conservative, but he's not strong in foreign affairs. We need someone who is both.

It won't be Newt Gingrich. He did a great job with the Contract With America in the '90s, but his day has passed. It won't be Mike Huckabee either, although he is my personal favorite and would make a great president.

So who's it going to be? Here it is. The 2012 Republican nominee will be. . . Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal. While he is still relatively new to the national scene, Jindal is quickly gaining notoriety because of his conservative principles and proven track record as a strong leader amid the oil spill disaster in the Gulf.

I like Jindal. He's young, conservative and has the momentum behind him. If he picked someone like Minnesota's Michele Bachmann as his running mate, I think we'd have an unbeatable team to go up against Hillary and the Clinton machine.

And there you have it. If I'm right, remember you read it here first. If I'm wrong, forget you ever saw this!

No comments:

Post a Comment