Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Survivor

What kind of survivor are you? There's a Web site, thesurvivorsclub.org, that's lets you find your survival personality -- how well you handle tough problems. I heard about it on the Glenn Beck program and decided to check it out. It's pretty interesting.

You don't have to join the Web site to take the Survivors Quiz. The quiz, at the bottom of the home page, presents a series of situations and gives several options. You select the option that best describes how you would react in that situation.

At the end of the quiz, it calculates your responses and tells you your Survivor Personality: "In Denial," "Thinker," "Realist," "Risk Taker," etc.

The quiz found that I'm a Realist. According to the Web site, a realist "knows that life is hard so you face facts and do whatever is efficient and effective to achieve your goals."

In some ways, I think that is pretty accurate of my personality. I know that we are all going to face tough situations in life. I try to accept the facts and do what is necessary to get through it. But I also know I can't get through it on my own. I rely on the Lord's help. It's only through Him that I can make it through the hard times.

I could not survive at all without God's help. He is my strength. When I'm facing tough times, I turn to Philippians 4:13. It says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

I don't know how people survive if they don't trust in the Lord. They certainly add a lot of unnecessary worry to their lives. But with God's help, not only can we survive the hard times, we can be victorious in all situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment