Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day of Adventure

I like it when you can turn an inconvenience into an adventure. That's what I tried to do this week.

The lift on my truck messed up yet again, and I had to take it back to the shop in Amarillo. Of course, when I got there, the lift worked perfectly. I think that lift must be female because it can't decide what it wants to do. (Just a joke. Lighten up, everyone.)

Anyway, the shop adjusted some settings on the lift, and I was on my way after only 30 minutes. Since I was already in Amarillo, I decided to stay a while and visit some of my old haunts.

First stop was Mardel Christian bookstore. I love that store. It has so many good Christian books and music. I didn't buy anything, but I had to pause when I passed the gospel tracts. Mardel is where I used to get most of the tracts for the Tyler Street outreach. I still miss going out there on Saturdays.

After the bookstore, I was hungry. I have been craving a steak, so I went to Saltgrass Steakhouse. It's a new restaurant that opened after I moved to Pampa. It a neat place. And I enjoyed my steak!!

I then headed over to the mall. I wasn't looking for anything in particular. I just like riding through the mall and watching the people. It's fun to people-watch. I often wonder about people I see out in a crowd. I wonder where they're headed and what their story is.

As I left town to head back to Pampa, I couldn't resist driving by my old apartment. It looked like someone is living in my old place. It looked about the same. They had started painting the trim on the complex before I moved in February, and they still haven't finished. In fact, it looked like they had stopped painting.

So that was my day of "adventure" in the big city. I was able to turn an inconvenient trip to the shop into a fun day, and it brought back a lot of good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment