Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Chatter

I took advantage of the cool weather yesterday to spend some time outside. After a morning rain, it was in the 70s most of the day, and you don't see that very often in late June. It was nice.

I drove out to Recreation Park and then rode my scooter around the lake. There's a trail about three-fourths of a mile long. I didn't even know the trail was there. I've been to the park before but hadn't been to the lake area.

It was calm and peaceful out there. Just me and the ducks. It's a good place to go and think. I wish we would have a few more cool days like that. The heat has returned today, so I'm back inside at least until evening. But the cool was nice while it lasted.

**** **** **** ****

I'm glad I have my regular scooter back. It was in the shop for a week. I had to use my mini-scooter. In the meantime, we found a scooter at a garage sale. It's older but in good condition. For a couple hundred bucks, it seemed like a great deal. Now, I have a backup scooter and a backup for my backup.

I need to come up with a nickname for the new scooter. We call my regular scooter 'Big Red.' My sister wanted to call it 'Big Bertha,' but I didn't go for that. It reminded me of a neighbor I had in Amarillo. I referred to her as 'Big Mouth Bertha' because you could hear her voice half way to Fritch!

I may call the new scooter 'The Tank' because it is big, Honkin' big. It's almost too big for indoors. I'd probably put a hole in every wall. Mom wouldn't like that. So I'll use it mainly when I go out somewhere. It doesn't have duct tape all over it. Not yet anyway.

1 comment: