Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Politicking!

For political news junkies like me, this week is like the Super Bowl of Politics. I've been glued to the TV for the Republican National Convention. It may be boring to most people, but I love it. I love the speeches. I love the commentary by analysts. I love it all.

The speeches have a lot of partisan rhetoric and political baloney, but I was encouraged by the speakers last night. Senator Kelly Ayotte, Ted Cruz and South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley fired up the crowd, talking about the power of the American Dream. Rick Santorum had a great speech, too. Then, Ann Romney had a powerful message about love as she talked about her husband, Mitt.

Chris Christie's speech was the highlight of the night. The boisterous governor of New Jersey put on quite a show. I expected him to take more potshots at Obama, though. Christie is often blunt and fiery about Obama's failed presidency. Christie is the perfect person to go after Obama. He hardly even mentioned our incompetent president. I think it was a missed opportunity. You know the Democrats are all going to attack Romney at their convention next week!

The Republicans will have its heavy hitters tonight. Condoleeza Rice, Marco Rubio and Paul Ryan are all speaking tonight. Then, Mitt Romney will accept the nomination and give his speech Thursday night.

When this convention is over, the choice will be clear. Romney and Ryan are the best ones to lead the country. I pray people will wake up and see we only have one chance to turn our country around. It's Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.


******
I hope to get some new readers to my blog posts.... A lot of people read them on Facebook. Now, I will be a contributor on my church's Web blog at http://briarwoodchurch.org .  I'm also contributing some articles to The Pampa News in its religion section. They will be appearing periodically on the church page on Wednesdays. I hope you'll check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment