Monday, June 4, 2012

Call the (Food) Police

The government is stealing our freedoms!

The mayor of New York City thinks he IS the police.... the food police. NYC's Mayor Bloomberg wants to ban the sale of soft drinks larger than 16 ounces at convenience stores and movie theaters. He says these big sugary drinks are making people fat. Well, DUH! If you drink 12 Big Gulps a day, you will be fat! But what business is that of the government?

This loony mayor has too much time on his hands. He's also banned smoking, including at parks and other outdoor public places. He's passed regulations to ban the use of trans fat in foods at restaurants, and he's tried to outlaw salt at restaurants.

Salt! What's next: Large pizzas? Pizza is one of my main food groups. I can scarf down the better part of a large pizza all by myself. If they ever ban this cheesy, pepperoni-covered goodness, I'd starve to death!

The food police has gone overboard. The government needs to stay out of our lives.

Instead of being a food monitor, why doesn't the government crack down on things that are really dangerous? The government says you can't drink a Big Gulp or eat French fries, but you can buy all the beer and wine you want. Salt is bad for your health, so let's ban salt but pass a law to legalize marijuana in America. This is so insane!

It's time to take back our freedoms. I headed to McDonald's, so pass the salt and super-size my fries!  Then, I'm off to the carnival, which is in town this week, to eat all the fried food-on-a-stick I want.  Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment