Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Election Day!

I'll be going to vote today. I've done my homework, and I'm ready to cast my ballot. That's after the endless ads on TV, mail from candidates and robo calls! If you haven't made up your mind yet, http://www.freevotersguide.com/ is a web site with a lot of good information about the candidates and their positions. It's worth a look before you head to the polls.

I'm disappointed Texas didn't have more say in the choice for the Republican candidate for president. Mitt Romney has it locked up. It will be Texas that puts Romney over the top in the delegate count. I would have liked to have had another choice.

The biggest race in Texas is for U.S. senator with nine candidates on the ballot. This was a tough one because I didn't know much about any of the candidates. That's where the online voters' guide was helpful. I have it narrowed down to two and probably won't make my final decision until I get there.

Texas also has important races for state Supreme Court and State Board of Education. People often overlook these offices, but they help shape our laws and the policies in education.

If you're in District 15, I really recommend Marty Rowley for Board of Education. I knew him when I lived in Amarillo, and I know he is a Christian conservative with a lot of experience in law and education. He's a great man.

There are five propositions on the ballot, covering issues on public prayer, repealing Obamacare, balanced budgets, redistricting and school choice. Take time to read them and pray before marking your ballot.

This is our chance to speak out and have our voices heard, so let's get out there and vote, vote, vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment