Thursday, May 3, 2012

Let Us Pray

This is the National Day of Prayer! I hope people will pray. Prayer does change things. Even when things seem the darkest, prayer can change things. I've seen it happen in my life. I know it works.

Like a lot of people, I will be praying for our country and our leaders today. To me, the greatest need in our country is for us to turn back to God. It starts with individuals, making a commitment to seek the Lord with all their hearts and to serve Him. I make that commitment today. Will you?

In the Bible, the people of Israel turned their backs on God over and over. They broke the covenant. God's anger came down on the nation, and He sent curses on the people and their land. But when the people came back to God and prayed, He heard their prayers and healed their land. He didn't just do it once. He did it EVERY TIME they came to Him in prayer. Every time they prayed for forgiveness, He forgave them. Every time they went to Him with all their hearts, God met them there.

If God did it for them, I know He'll do it for us. No matter how many times we've fallen, if we turn back to Him and seek Him in prayer, He'll hear us and rescue us.

That gives me such hope today because I've fallen many times. I've sinned and turned my back on God. But then when I confessed my sin and prayed for forgiveness, He heard me. He's been faithful to hear my prayers and forgive my sin.

One of my favorite verses is 2 Chronicles 7:14: "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

There is hope. It starts with each one of us, praying and making that commitment to God. Take some time today to pray. It really will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment