Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Fun....

The company is all gone. The carnival has packed up and moved on. The car show and rally is over. So what am I going to do the rest of the summer?

Last week was busy. My niece and her family were here from Corpus Christi. They came for my nephew's high school graduation, and Michelle and the baby stayed a few days. It was only the second time I'd seen baby Kayden. We sure had fun passing him around to hold him (when we could steal him away from "Marmie")!




I took my turn holding Kayden. I tried to teach him his first words, but I just couldn't get him to say "President Romney." I'll have to work on him some more....

The Pampa High School band carnival was also in town last week. As usual, it brought the rain with it. It was nice and cool in the evenings, and a lot of people turned out. I can hear the carnival from my front porch, so I rode the scooter over to check things out. I like to people-watch. It's especially fun to watch when they get off rides like the Zipper or Kamikaze and look like they're about to throw up. It's great! How can you beat entertainment like that? Not in Pampa!

Of course, I had to have my usual cotton candy and $4 corndog. I didn't pay $4 for it. I actually got it free, so the calories don't count, right?

Finally, Pampa had its annual Burnin' the Bricks car show and rally on Saturday. The city closed off several streets downtown, and the cars took over the old "drag" while people lined the sidewalks to watch the parade of classic cars. It was a fun way to spend a Saturday night.

That's how I kicked off the summer months, so what's next? Well, the rodeo is coming up soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment