Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Super Tuesday is not so Super

I'm feeling a little left out today. It's Super Tuesday, but Texas voters aren't heading to the polls today like they usually do on Super Tuesday. Texas' primary has been pushed back to possibly May because of the redistricting fight in the state. By then, Mitt Romney is likely to be the "hair apparent" in the race (and not just because he has great hair).

The Texas primary, which once was seen as the biggest prize of Super Tuesday and a possible kingmaker in the race, now will become more of an afterthought.

I'm disappointed. I think Texas voters would turn out for Rick Santorum and give him a better shot at winning the nomination.

If it goes like the TV analysts have predicted, Newt Gingrich will win in the South, Santorum will win a few states, and Romney will take the rest. But the political analysts have missed it before. I think I have a better track record!

The race has been unpredictable from the start. I hope that's the case again today. I'd love to see Rick Santorum sweep all 10 states in today's Super Tuesday races. Since my man Rick Perry isn't in the race any more, I'm pulling for Santorum. I pray that he becomes our next president.

I bet that scares some of my liberal friends to death! Almost as much as the thought of Obama being re-elected scares me.

So since Texas won't be voting today, I'll be gathered around the TV with my pizza and red solo cup to watch the exciting results. I'm sure all of you will too. Right? It is, after all, the super bowl of the election season!

No comments:

Post a Comment