Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tebow Mania

Tim Tebow is one of my new heroes.... and I don't even like football. Tebow is the Denver Broncos quarterback who's been criticized for kneeling on the field after a touchdown to give thanks to God. People criticize him for being too open with his faith, but I think it shows courage.

The Bible says, "In everything, give thanks." And that's just what Tim Tebow is doing. He's thanking God for helping him on the football field. What's so wrong about that?

"Saturday Night Live" did a despicable skit, mocking Tebow and Jesus. It was shameful.

Tebow is an example of a positive role model in the sports world. With so many bad role models in sports, it's great to finally have someone like Tim Tebow for kids to look up to. He's an example for all of us really.

The "tebowing" craze is catching on among some athletes, including Olympic gold medalist Lindsey Vonn. Several high school students showed their support for Tebow by staging a tribute to him. During an entire week, the students would jam the hallway and kneel Tebow-style for about a minute. School officials found the act unacceptable and penalized several students by giving them one day suspension each.

That is unbelievable to me. In a day when kids need good role models, the school punished the students for their tribute to Tebow.

This is just another example of intolerance toward Christianity. Society thinks it's all right for atheists and other nuts to speak out, but it wants Christians to remain silent. We need to stand up and be bold for Christ in our world!

Matthew 10:32 says, "Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven." That should inspire all of us to share our faith in Christ wherever we can and whenever we have a chance.

I heard this saying the other day, and it really sums everything up: "I'm just a Nobody, trying to tell Everybody about Somebody who can save Anybody!"

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic, Chris!! Tebow has created many new Denver Bronco fans, including myslef, and many are praying for him. Even his teammates are catching on to the fact that there is truly something good, blessed, and inspiring about this Christian man who just happens to be NFL quarterback. Super Bowl someday, you just gotta believe!!!! I love you, my brother!!!

    ReplyDelete