Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry CHRISTmas!

Merry Christmas to all you good little boys and girls.... and to you liberals, too!

I hope you all have a special Christmas and remember to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas. I read it again this morning in Matthew: Jesus came to save His people from their sin. It's always so amazing to stop and think about that.

While you're with your family and friends this weekend, take some time to thank God for sending His Son.

This will be a special Christmas for my family. We're anxiously waiting for my niece and her family to arrive. They drove most of the night from Corpus Christi and should be here this afternoon. I'm excited about meeting my new great-nephew, Kayden, who was born in November. I like all the food and, of course, the gifts, but for me, one of the best things about Christmas is being with family.

I took Mom to look at Christmas lights last night. Downtown Pampa is all lit up with new lights this year. It's good to see downtown coming alive at Christmastime again. It used to be that way every year.

I think we'll still have some snow on the ground to technically have a 'white' Christmas. We may even get a little new snow overnight! There's just something special about waking up to snow on Christmas morning. I love playing in it, too, but don't tell Mom.... she'd just worry.

So I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and hope you have a happy and blessed new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment