Thursday, August 11, 2011

Response

I've been getting more responses about my blog since I started posting it on my Facebook page, too. More people see it there and leave comments. Most of the comments have even been good, although some of my favorite liberal FB friends like to debate my politics. That's OK, though. I like hearing from readers.

I enjoy doing the blog. It lets me spout off about whatever's on my mind.

I have to be careful what I write, though. I have to use good grammar because one of my junior high English teachers is a regular reader of the blog. I have to keep it clean because the preacher's wife sometimes reads it. And I can't write about my love life because Mom reads it. HA! HA!

That leaves religion and politics to write about. Some people may find the political ones boring. But, the most read post is the Anthony "Weiner Roast" column. It's had nearly 100 hits since I posted it. I guess I know where your minds are!

Another popular post is the one about my encounter with the hooker at the McDonald's drive-thru. It's one of my earliest posts from February of last year, but I still get comments about it. If you missed it, you can find it in the archives for February 2010.

I also get comments about the religious posts. Some people may think I'm trying to "preach" at them. Well, I am, but I'm mostly preaching to myself. I write about things I learn or think about during my Bible study time or hear at church. By writing them down, it helps ME remember them. Along the way, maybe it will help someone else, too. I hope so. I hope it encourages people to think a little more about their lives and makes them want to get closer to God.

That's really my goal in writing this blog. I like to write anyway, and if it can help and encourage someone, then I'm glad for that, too. Thanks for reading, everyone. And keep those comments coming... even if you are one of those wacky liberals!

No comments:

Post a Comment