Monday, August 1, 2011

God's Hand of Protection

My friend, Greg, came over this weekend, and we had one of our movie nights. It's a miracle that he's here at all, though. A fire that started behind his house last week caught his backyard shed on fire and quickly spread to the house while he slept. Greg woke up and saw a glow outside his window and managed to get out of the house safely.

A Globe-News carrier saw the flames from the road and ran to the door to help him get out. By the grace of God, Greg wasn't hurt. But he lost almost everything in the house.

Greg said everything in the bedroom where he was sleeping was burned up.... except his Bible! He said the Bible was near the outside wall, but for some reason it wasn't touched by the fire. Greg said himself that it's a miracle that he got out alive, and I believe it was.

God surely had His hand on Greg that night and protected him. It could have turned out much different.

This made me think. How many times do we go about our daily lives and God protects us without us even knowing it? Many times, we are unaware of danger around us. And if God hadn't been watching over us, we might have been hurt or even died. I can remember several times when God protected me from danger. Who knows how many other times the Lord kept me from harm and I didn't even realize it? I'm sure there have been many times!

God is such a great God! As believers, we are under His protection. We can feel safe and secure, knowing He is watching over us and will keep us from dangers.

I thank God that Greg wasn't hurt in the fire that night. And I thank God for protecting me all those times when I faced danger and was unaware of it. I'm sure He's done the same for you, too. Each day we wake up, we can praise Him for another day. Our lives truly are in His hands, and He is watching over us, so let's praise Him for it today.

1 comment: