Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Obama Vacation Diaries

I have received exclusive access to Barack Obama's vacation diary while he's in Martha's Vineyard.... It's very interesting! Here's a look at one entry from the diary:

Dear Diary:

After my grueling bus tour across America, I'd say I've earned a vacation. I had to get away from those pesky reporters! All they do is ask me questions about the economy. Don't they know by now that I know absolutely nothing about economics?

It's great to be here at Martha's Vineyard. Michelle and I had to take separate planes to get here. She wanted to come early. It cost a little more, but, hey, it's only money! Besides, I just got an increase in the debt limit... Let's paaaarty!!

I had a round of golf this morning. I shot a 39 on the front nine, matching my approval rating. Later, I'm hoping to shoot some hoops. Gotta sharpen my skills for the next ESPN match.

The girls and I went for a swim last night. The water felt great, so I took a double dip. It was so nice at the beach... but why did that lifeguard keep calling me Mr. Carter? I don't get it.

There was a mix-up on our rooms here on the Vineyard. They downgraded us. Michelle was NOT happy! Oh well, what do you expect for $50,000 a week?

I have to take some time this week to work on that silly jobs plan I promised to have by September. How am I supposed to come up with a plan? The great thing about vacations... you don't need a plan!

I haven't got to be out on the golf course as much as I wanted because it's been raining here. It just seems like a black cloud is following me wherever I go. Must be Bush's fault!

Hope everything is all right back home at the White House. I left Joe in charge. That might have been a mistake. I sure hope he doesn't screw up my stellar record while I'm gone. I have to get re-elected next year!

Yep, I sure needed this vacation. I've had so much on my mind lately. With low poll numbers and high unemployment, life's a beach!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure he deserved a few days of relaxation after fighting that ferocious battle over the budget and single-handedly keeping those social security checks from flying into the Boston Harbor. . . wonder why nobody's taking him seriously anymore.

    ReplyDelete