Monday, April 18, 2011

WOW....

WOW... That's the only way to describe my weekend. It was a double-header of blessings on Sunday. I'd already planned to go to Amarillo for the Michael W. Smith concert on Sunday night. Then, I decided to go over early because the church I went to in Amarillo was hosting The Glory & The Fire ministry.

Glory & Fire is a traveling production, similar to the Heaven's Gates/Hell's Flames play. Both are very stirring and powerful presentations of the gospel through music and a drama about what heaven and hell will be like... and who will go there.

God was really moving in people's lives. During the five nights of the production in Amarillo, about 80 or more people were saved or rededicated their lives to God! Pastor Nickell said he hasn't seen that kind of response since the old-time Pentecostal revivals. It was really something.

The play really stirred my heart, too. Seeing that glimpse into what hell will be like, I wanted to make sure my life was right with God before I left there Sunday morning. Anyone who sees that and doesn't respond in some way must be very cold-hearted. If you ever have a chance to see The Glory & The Fire, GO! It will change your life.

After church, I ate and messed around at the mall until it was time for the concert. I miss all the fast-food variety in Amarillo. I indulged in one of my favorites: Wendy's. And I had a cookie from the Cookie Store in the mall. I was good, though. I ate just one cookie.

The Michael W. Smith concert was awesome. The first half was a mix of old favorites and new songs. For the second half, he changed out of his suit and tie and into jeans for a time of leading the audience in worship songs. That's what I was waiting for. Michael is one of the best worship leaders. It was a neat time. I really enjoyed myself and the worship.

It was a full day, and I know I probably overdid myself. But, like I always say, you have to go while you're able to get out and go. Even my doc agrees. He tells me to get out and stay as active as I can, and he tells Mom not to worry about me when I go. Good advice!

Thank you, Lord, for such a wonderful and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment