Monday, April 25, 2011

Celebration

It was a good Easter weekend, spending time with family and going to church. We had a pretty high church attendance with the visitors and the C & E crowd (Christmas and Easter) there.

We saw a human video, and Pastor Ben gave a neat illustration with the cross and a mirror. He had hung the mirror on the cross. When we went forward to receive Communion, we passed by the cross with the mirror and there was our face staring back at us. It was a powerful reminder that it should've been us on that cross, but Jesus took our place. I've never seen that illustration before, and it really stuck with me.

After service, we had lunch at the church and an egg hunt for the kids (big kids and little ones). It was a good day of celebration!

*****

I always think of Easter as the real start of spring. Even though we have seen snow on Easter, and even had snow as late as May, it's usually this time of year when it really starts warming up. I'm not a fan of hot weather. I would like it if it was in the 70s year-round. That's the ideal temperature for me.

I was really hoping for rain yesterday. It is so dry. Governor Perry has called for people to pray for rain. Many already have been praying for rain, but we really need it. We've had only an half-inch of rain since the beginning of the year. The normal is over three inches at this time of year. I thought we were going to get some yesterday, but it went to the north. We have another shot at it today.

Except for the dry conditions -- and the wind -- the temperatures have been pretty nice. I've been to several of the parks lately for an afternoon ride, and it's nice to be outside again. I just hope we get some rain -- soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment