Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Dear Jesus,

It's Good Friday, and I'm thinking about you and what you have done for me. You've done so much. I know I can't thank you enough, but I am grateful. When I think about what you went through on the way to the cross, I can't imagine how much you had to suffer. They beat you and spit on you. They mocked you and wanted you to die. They didn't believe you are God's son.

I can only imagine the struggle, the pain, the suffering... and the courage you had that day. You did it willingly. I know you could've set yourself free, but you went willingly because you knew I would need a savior.

I think about the humiliation when you had to carry your own cross while the crowd spit on you and threw stones at you. Then. they put that crown of thorns on you and mocked you. That soldier stabbed you with his spear. And I can only imagine the pain you felt when they nailed you to the cross.

On the cross, you endured even more suffering. All your blood was spilled out, and you had to endure that pain for over three hours. Most men wouldn't have survived the torture. It was the worst kind of death. Yet, you did it willingly.

When you were up there, you thought about me. You knew every sin I would commit, and you didn't want me to be punished from them so you took the punishment. You told your Father that you would take my punishment. You died for me. That amazes me... that you would die for me. You had to endure that horrible death so I can be free... so that my sins could be washed away. All of them... without exception!

Thank you for saving me. Without you, I would be lost with no hope. But because you loved me, I am forgiven and have the promise of eternal life with you. I put all my trust in you, Lord. You alone are my rock and my salvation. Thank you, Jesus, for who you are!

Love, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment