Thursday, February 18, 2010

Down to the Wire

This is it. Only two more days until Moving Day.

I now have to navigate my scooter through an obstacle course of boxes around my apartment. So far only minor crashes.

I can't believe all the stuff I have accumulated over the years. When I came to Amarillo 17 years ago, I had a twin bed, a nightstand for a dresser, a card table, my TV and an old sofa. Sometimes, I wish I could go back to those days when life seemed simpler.

I loved living here in Amarillo, and it's going to be hard to leave.

Remember the old TV show "Green Acres," where city slickers Oliver and Lisa Douglas left the lights of the big city to move to a farm in the middle of nowhere? Well, that's kind of what it's like moving from Amarillo to Pampa. Not a lot going on in Pampa.

In all seriousness, though, I know this is the right move. It's where God is placing me for this season of my life.

I'll get to see my family more. (Not sure if that's good or bad.) My mom is there and my sister, and I have aunts and uncles and cousins. I will enjoy spending time with them.

And I'm sure I can find something to do in Pampa. Hey, I can go visit my brick in the high school!

It's now time to go. I'll be packing up the computer tomorrow, so I probably won't have another post until I get settled in at my new place. But keep checking back and I'll keep on writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment