Monday, February 4, 2019

Suckers

I may be grasping at straws, but I want to go on record as saying I think the proposed ban on plastic straws really sucks (puns intended). 

The ridiculous ban is the latest enviro craze sweeping the nation.  Cities like Santa Barbara have taken it to the extreme, threatening to jail and fine offenders.  The extremist crowd says plastic straws are destroying the environment even though straws make up less than four percent of the plastic waste in landfills.

Do they think we're a bunch of suckers?  Why are they picking on us?

These misguided environmentalists want us to get rid of our straws while, at the same time, they drink their trendy Frappuccino-like coffee in big ol' plastic cups — cups that also have plastic lids!

The enviro elites ignore the fact that the plastic cups they buy and chuck every day have a much bigger plastic load than the little plastic straws that they want to keep out of the ocean. The same goes for all the juices, soft drinks and other beverages in super-sized plastic cups. 

There's also millions of coffee drinkers that use coffee brewing machines that require single-use, disposable coffee pods cluttering the landfills.  Shouldn't they ditch their single-use brewing machines?

So far, 15 U.S. cities have a ban on straws.  I use straws, and I don't plan to stop, even if I have to horde them under my mattress. 

I admit it.  I suck, and I'm proud of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment