Monday, February 27, 2012

'Party' Weekend

It was a great weekend of fun and laughter. The family -- about 30 of us -- was all together in Oklahoma, for my aunt's birthday. I better not tell her age. (I don't think she'd want everyone to know she's been around three-quarters of a century....)

Mom and her three sisters, dubbed "The Golden Girls," were the life of the party. We taught them my new favorite drinking song, that "Red Solo Cup," and we have photographic evidence to hold against them. I better be clear, though.... The strongest thing is their red cups was iced tea! I can say the same about my red cup and about at least most of the cousins. HA HA!

We had a lot of fun with the "Doggie Doo" game. If you haven't heard about the Doggie Doo game, Google it! I can't explain it. You just have to see it for yourself!

Of course, there was LOTS of food. Mom's famous chocolate cake and Della's Mississippi Mud cake were gone in no time! (I got some of both!) For the record, I did not tell Mom that she should go back in the house and eat at the old people's table.... Well, not in those exact words anyway.

I'll remember the laughs we shared for a long time, and we'll all remember Karen's "shopping cart." We have pictures to prove that, too.

It was nice that we could all be together on a happy occasion. Often, it seems the only time the whole family is together anymore is at a sad time, like a funeral. So it was great that so many of us were there this weekend.

Now that I've exposed all the family secrets and our party weekend, I want to thank the cousins and everyone who worked to put it together. I can't remember when I had a better weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment