Friday, September 2, 2011

News & Views

In addition to a failing grade for his handling of the economy, Obama has now earned a "Does not play well with others" on his report card. I think it's so funny -- and stupid -- that he tried to upstage the Republicans by planning to give his big "jobs speech" on the same night as the GOP debate. Then, he caved and moved his speech to another night.

This makes Obama look like such an amateur. He thought he could get the upper hand by stealing the spotlight from the Republicans. I have to hand it to the speaker of the House for telling Obama that his speech would have to wait. Obama looks so small and petty now.

Obama's "big speech" will probably be nothing more than regurgitation of the same old failed ideas he's tried for three years. His policies don't work. That's why the country is in the mess it's in. His stimulus plan has been a big flop.

Now, the speech will be the same night as the first game of the NFL season. I think a lot more people will be watching football than the speech. I'd rather watch the game, and I don't even like football!

******

The president should have planned his speech for the opening night of "Dancing With the Stars." That show will have a lot fewer viewers this season.

Fans of the show are upset that it has cast gender-confused Chastity Bono to be on the show. I won't get on my soapbox, but I'll say this... God gives us free will to make many choices in life, but He does NOT give us a choice about what gender we are. He decided that when He formed us in the womb. Whatever parts you're born with, you're stuck with. God is much wiser than we are, so quit trying to change what He created.

OK, maybe I did get on my soapbox. So I won't go into the ridiculous notion that the show's execs also "thought about" having Carson Kressley dance with a man on this season's shows.

Again, I'd rather watch football!

No comments:

Post a Comment