Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Weiner Roast, Anyone?

What can I say about Weinergate... without getting in trouble? There's a thousand jokes out there, and you can probably come up with them on your own. But I have been trying to size up the situation, so to speak, and have a few comments.

Congressman Anthony Weiner has always been, well, a wiener. He's so arrogant. I hear him on the radio talk shows all the time, and he thinks he knows everything. He tries to be a big shot on Capitol Hill, but he's really nothing more than a little pipsqueak (apparently, in more ways than one). Now that he has all this attention, he lies to the media.

Anthony Weiner is certainly not the first politician to find himself in this pickle (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist). Other politicians -- Democrats and Republicans -- have been caught with their pants down.

The difference this time is Anthony Weiner tried to cover it up. Sure, NOW he wants to cover up! He came up with this ridiculous story about his Twitter account being hacked. He calls the media for a news conference and then flat lies to them. He even says he's not sure the picture is of him.

When he realizes this story is not going away, he finally tells the truth and admits he sent the picture. He gives a half-baked apology but says he hadn't broken any laws so he's not going to resign. I guess he doesn't believe in the laws of decency. What kind of congressman sends lewd pictures of himself to young women and then thinks he should get to keep his job?

He shouldn't resign... he should be kicked out of Congress! Instead, Congress will probably let him off with a slap on the wrist, just like it did with President Clinton, who had women problems of his own. Clinton should have been thrown out of office after his Oval Office escapades, but instead he finished his term with high approval ratings.

Anthony Weiner won't be as lucky. He'll be forced to resign, probably before the week is over. He'll soon be gone from Congress, but the jokes are sure to continue for a long time.

P.S. My blog apparently was hacked and someone added all the Weiner jokes. I'm not even sure I wrote this post. My apologies if anyone was offended. -- Chris

2 comments:

  1. Chris,
    I shared this on my facebook account. Hope you don't mind; I assume you don't, because you do have the linking buttons there within easy reach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I was watching FOX this morning and the headline read "Wiener Grilled".........

    ReplyDelete