Friday, June 10, 2011

God Always Provides

I'm thankful today that God provides for me and takes care of every need. It's been 18 months since I had to quit work. I know that because my Cobra insurance just expired. I'm glad I had the insurance as long as I did.

But now Medicare coverage doesn't kick in until I've been on Social Security Disability for two years. That leaves a six-month gap between Cobra and Medicare. I didn't know what I was going to do, but I prayed, and once again, God has provided! United Healthcare, the company I had my Cobra coverage with, gave me an 11-month Disability extension.

The Disability coverage is usually a lot more expensive. The company said I could have to pay as much as 150 percent of my Cobra premium. That would hurt! When I got my first statement, though, the premium was exactly the same as the Cobra. So I thank God that He took care of the need and I have insurance until I am eligible for Medicare next year.

Of course, who knows if Medicare will even still be around then. With the government about to go broke, Medicare may be bankrupt, too. I'm not worried, though. My trust is not in the government. It's in Almighty God. Whatever happens with this government system, I know my God will provide. He has never failed to come through for me. That's why I love Him so.

God continues to give me strength each day to walk. Some days, it's easier than others, but at least I am able to walk after not being able to walk at all for a year. I'm still using my leg braces, but now I'm only wearing one brace. I am able to wear one regular shoe and one brace. I know that's a miracle. I'm believing that I'll be able to stop using the other brace, too. Nothing is impossible with God!

I thank God that He is so good. He cares about even the small things in our lives, and He will provide.

2 comments:

  1. I got disability insurance, too, after COBRA. It all worked out. Hope you are doing well. Keep working hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cindy!

    -- CE

    ReplyDelete