Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Gaffe Wars

Let's face it, some politicians just aren't that bright. If they were, they would have picked another profession. Every politician makes a gaffe occasionally during a speech or an interview (For Joe Biden, "the Gaffe Machine," it's more than occasionally).

Liberals in the media love to ridicule conservatives for their little slip-ups. Remember Dan Quayle and the whole potato / potatoe issue? The media has hammered Sarah Palin for some of her mistakes, and now liberals are going after Michele Bachmann for her recent string of snafus... like when she said John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. (It was actually John Wayne Gacy. Ooops!)

Sure, conservatives make their share of slip-ups. But there is a double standard in the media in pointing out the gaffes of conservatives vs. liberals.

Why does the media always portray Barack Obama as a genius despite his inability to talk without a teleprompter but constantly portray conservatives as dummies? The bias in the media is obvious.

So, in the spirit of fair and balanced reporting, I've taken it upon myself to point out just a few of our president's bone-headed gaffes. Here are a few of Obama's quotes, straight from the horse's mouth:

"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go."

"...I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby."

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..."

"...I inhaled frequently. That was the point."

"Let's not play games. I was suggesting - you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith."

"You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."

And my favorite Barack Obama quote: "...answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade."

I'm afraid it's all above your pay grade, Mr. President. But, hey, at least you're smarter than Joe Biden!

No comments:

Post a Comment