Thursday, May 5, 2011

Let Us Pray

This is the National Day of Prayer, and our country needs a lot of it. Whether we're conservatives or liberals, we should stand together today to pray for the country. Prayer changes things! It may be the only thing that can turn things around in America.

Here's what I'm praying for today: I'm praying for peace and safety for America and for our troops overseas. America just achieved a great victory with the killing of Osama bin Laden, but now the country is on alert against possible retaliation. It's hard for me to imagine there are people who want to destroy America, but there are. I pray for protection for our soldiers. And I pray God will keep us safe from attacks.

I'm praying for our leaders. . . that they will seek God and be guided by the Lord. I pray they will abandon their wicked ways and follow God. If our leaders would just turn to God, things would be much different in our nation.

I'm praying that we'll have more godly candidates run for office in the next election. Many of our government officials, both Republicans and Democrats, are corrupt. But there are many others in politics who are Christians and would be good leaders -- people like Mike Huckabee and Sarah Palin. We need more people like them at all levels of government.

I'm praying for rain, rain, rain. With parts of the country in a drought and other parts devastated by floods and tornadoes, I pray that God will heal our land.

I'm praying for health and happiness for my family and friends. I'm so thankful for my family and for having friends who care and want to help me. I pray that God will bless them and keep them in good health.

Finally, I'm praying for revival and that lost ones will be saved. I say it a lot, but I really believe Jesus is coming soon. When you look at all that is happening in the world, you see the signs that His return is near. Time is running out, and people need to get right with God NOW. I pray that God would send His spirit to draw lost sinners and that many will be saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment