Monday, January 31, 2011

Weather or not

The local weathermen on TV are in overdrive again. Every time the slightest cool air is headed this way, they hype it up as if it was the Second Coming! They've been calling for a "huge arctic blast" for days now. News Flash: It is winter. It's supposed to be cold, guys!

Maybe they'll even be right this time. But I doubt it. It's supposed to be in the single digits for highs for several days. Then, it will probably be back in the 70s by the weekend. That's Panhandle weather for you.

I love it. I love it all. Last week, it was near 70 degrees, and I got out and enjoyed it by going to the parks. Pampa has several parks that are connected by a walking / hiking trail. I followed it through three of the parks on my scooter. The trail goes on to two other parks after that.

I enjoyed the Indian Summer last week, and I'll enjoy the frigid temperatures this week. I like having a variety. At least it's not boring here.

If it's going to be cold, I hope we do get some good snow out of it. We've only had a measly five inches of snow so far this season, and we really need the moisture. I'm not hoping for a blizzard like they had in New York last week, but I'd like enough snow so the TV weathermen can stand out in their stations' parking lots and pretend they're in Alaska or somewhere. That's hilarious!

I should've been a weatherman. That would be a dream job. Seriously, where else can you get paid for being wrong most of the time? I can predict the weather better than these guys on TV. So, here's my forecast for the week: Cold, then not cold; Snow, then no snow.

As long as the snow doesn't fill the satellite dish and block my signal, I say bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment