Thursday, January 13, 2011

Miracles

Who says miracles don't happen? I know they do. I've heard testimonies this very week of God's miracle-working power in the lives of family members and others. I want to share a couple of those testimonies to show that God DOES perform miracles today. And I want to give Him thanks for what He has done!

My cousin went to the doctor last week for some tests. The scans showed she had a mass in her abdomen. The doctor could even feel the mass. They scheduled her for surgery yesterday to try to remove it. During the surgery, the doctor couldn't find the tumor. It had vanished! It was gone!

When the doctor came out to talk to the family, she couldn't explain what happened to the mass. But we know! My cousin's mom told the surgeon that she knew exactly what happened to it: God had removed it! I don't think the doctor agreed, but we know it's true. God healed my cousin!

My family is praising God today for this miracle. My cousin is 14 years old, and she has great faith. She often posts Bible verses or encouraging words on her Facebook page. She has a big family, and we were all praying for her. God answered our prayers. Thank you, Lord.

The other testimony I heard this week came from the doctors and friends of Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, who was shot in the mass shootings last week. She is still in critical condition, but she is responding well. She opened her eyes for the first time yesterday. Her own doctor says she has a 101 percent chance of recovery.

This is nothing less than a miracle, and I even heard one doctor say so. The doctor was interviewed on one of the news shows, and he said it was divine intervention that kept her alive and has allowed her to respond as well as she has. I was surprised to hear a doctor admit that on TV, but I believe it is miraculous.

Yes, God does perform miracles. Nothing is too hard for our God! If He's done it for these two, He'll do it for you and for me. Let these testimonies build your faith. Praise God for His miracle-working power!

No comments:

Post a Comment