Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Advice

We hear all kinds of advice this time of year on how to have a good new year. On New Year's Day, many people eat black-eyed peas for luck. (Does listening to the Black Eyed Peas music group count? That's the closest I'm ever going to get to peas of any kind!)

TV talk shows all have tips for having a happier and more prosperous year. Some of the advice is good and can be helpful. But I really don't believe in luck. I did, however, find this advice on the Internet. It's an acronym using HAPPY NEW YEAR:

H - Hear God's Word
A - Answer God's call
P - Pardon receive
P - Peace Pursue
Y - Yield To God
...
N - Never give up
E - Encourage somebody
W - Witness For Jesus
...
Y - Yearn to please God
E - Earnestly seek the Lord
A - Anticipate blessings
R - Rejoice in the Lord

I didn't come up with that myself, but I thought it was good advice. If we will do those things, we'll not only have a better year, we'll have a better life!

No comments:

Post a Comment